- OverviewSWOT will make the first global survey of Earth's surface water, observe fine details of ocean surface topography, and measure how water bodies change over time.
- Flight SystemsThe SWOT satellite observatory, consisting of a payload module and spacecraft bus, is being built by NASA JPL and the Centre National D'Études Spatiales.
- Ground SystemsNASA and CNES will operate SWOT's ground systems, including satellite operation, acquisition of telemetry, and data processing, distribution, and archiving.
- AirSWOTAirSWOT, an instrument supporting the SWOT mission, will help the engineering team better understand the natural properties of Earth's surfaces.
- SWOT VisualizerInvestigate the coverage of Earth's surface by two SWOT instruments: KaRIn Interferometer and altimeter.
- PeopleMission and Applications members of the SWOT Management Team.
- OverviewUsing radar interferometry to measure water elevations, SWOT will help us assess water resources, sea level change, coastal processes, and fine ocean features.
- OceanographySWOT will revolutionize oceanography by detecting small-scale features that contribute to ocean-atmosphere exchange of heat and carbon at 10x current resolution.
- HydrologySWOT will provide the first global view of freshwater bodies to allow scientists to determine changing volumes of fresh water at unprecedented resolution.
- Science Team ProjectsSummary of workshops and science meetings relating to the NASA SWOT mission, with links to event documents, abstracts, posters and presentations.
- PublicationsPublications relevant to the NASA SWOT mission.
- OverviewSWOT's strategy promotes applications research and engagement of a broad community of end-users and decision makers in the uses of SWOT data.
- Applications AreasSWOT will measure surface water elevations for research on floods, drought, water storage, river commerce, insurance, marine operations, fisheries, and coastal zones.
News and mission status relevant to the NASA SWOT mission.
Images, videos, and e-brochures relevant to the NASA SWOT mission.
Meeting descriptions plus presentations and posters delivered during mission meetings and national conferences
Documents relevant to the NASA SWOT mission.
Directory of people involved in the NASA SWOT mission.